Skeetles Mog House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd AMV by me

3 posters

Go down

2nd AMV by me Empty 2nd AMV by me

Post  Comentor Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:22 am

This is my 2nd AMV~ made for the "Drama" category of the AMV contest for Sabotencon, thus it is very different from my first AMV which was for the "Comedy" category.

Note: this video contains spoilers for Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Comentor
Comentor
Cosplayer

Back to top Go down

2nd AMV by me Empty Re: 2nd AMV by me

Post  Rhaaz Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:29 pm

very nice ^^ good job.
oh, you will have to let us know how you did
Rhaaz
Rhaaz
Active Lemon Skeetle

Back to top Go down

Post  Comentor Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:06 am

will do~ the convention isnt until may 24-26 tho, so it'll be a while, lol
Comentor
Comentor
Cosplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Comentor Tue May 27, 2008 7:49 am

well~ I'm back from the con, and well, my videos didn't "win" but that's ok, turns out the "winners" didn't really win any prizes, just had their video shown at the closing ceremonies. That said, the video that won best comedy really sucked (it was basically just the scene from Haruhi where she's singing at the school festival with the song American Idiot dubbed over it), and my Excel Saga one was likely the 2nd best, the best being a hilarious one done using footage from Berserk with some hilarious audio. My Crisis Core video was, in my opinion, the best in the drama category, although it was not picked as such, the video picked there seemed like it should have been placed in action anyway. Also, the video which won best action and the audience choice award, was a truly amazing video and the best one entered, which utilized video techniques that my software isn't even capable of. It was an AMAZING video, which had a lot of action, and was freaking hilarious. If I find it online I'll post a link to it here, because its worth a watch, even though I do not know the source anime or audio ^^;

Hope you guys have been doing well~
Comentor
Comentor
Cosplayer

Back to top Go down

2nd AMV by me Empty COM

Post  Marcel Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 am

Grats on not winning u have disappointed me yet again Razz
OH 1 MORE THING. whats that website to check where CONs are gonna be held

Last edited by Marcel on Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pie)
Marcel
Marcel
Loldrg
Loldrg

Back to top Go down

Post  Comentor Wed May 28, 2008 7:19 am

found a better site than the one I had before~

http://www.animecons.com/events/calendar.shtml/000

http://www.animecons.com/events/state.shtml/NY012

New York Anime Festival
September 26-28, 2008 Jacob K. Javits Center
New York, NY

SITACon
October 10-12, 2008 SUNY IT
Utica, NY

Ani-Aikousha-Con
February 14-16, 2009 Auditorium Center
Rochester, NY
Comentor
Comentor
Cosplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcel Thu May 29, 2008 5:44 am

THX come i may go 2 the first one since i actualy know where it is ^^b. and when u coming back?
Marcel
Marcel
Loldrg
Loldrg

Back to top Go down

Post  Comentor Thu May 29, 2008 1:22 pm

honestly not 100% sure if I am coming back in the foreseeable future anymore ^^; I've developed hobbies and friends that I'm trying to work on/hang with, as well as play some console games, so we'll see~

btw~ Growlanser Generations (PS2) is a great game, picked it up at Gamestop used for $25~ it includes Growlanser II and III (only 2, 3, and 5 of the series have been released outside Japan)~ I'm in the middle of II atm, and its one of the best tactics rpgs I've ever played, and the difficulty is fairly ridiculous on most story levels. In fact, I'm stuck on a boss in the game atm, it really hates me, just like you lolmarc, lol, hey, maybe I should nickname the boss lolmarc, then it'd prolly forget to use a poison potion and die~ ^_^

but seriously, the boss has about 10 armored minions, and the boss itself is charging a literal "Game Over" cannon, that will fire after 24 "rounds" have passed *Note: if the enemies weren't in my way it'd take me about 5-6 "rounds" just to walk up to melee range of the boss* I'm trying to figure out how to go about it, also note, the boss periodically fires off a random status ailment inflicting beam, which does anything from poison (5 dmg/tick), to vemon (25 dmg a tick) or even paralyze (cannot do anything for a few rounds). Keep in mind my characters only have about 140-200 hp each, so 25/tick is ridiculous, considering there are like, 2-4 ticks per "round". The beam inflicts ailments to anybody standing in the main hallway. There are rooms on the side of the hallway which can guard you from this, but then the minions close in and trap you in the room .... hmmm ... I think next time I try I'm going to slip my entire team into 1-2 rooms, guard the door with a tankish melee and have my magic casters attack the boss with magic from there, while curing my tankish melee. Also note, there are no actual items in the game, so its not like I can have my melees use potions or anything. The only items in the game are equips, and even then its just armor, a ring, and up to 3 gems to put in the ring.

O, also, I have a copy of Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects now, which I've started messing around with. Figured out some cool things in Premier already, however, I haven't been able to make After Effects do much of anything yet, it seems like a real advanced program ^^;
Comentor
Comentor
Cosplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcel Thu May 29, 2008 4:50 pm

i took a look at that game and it seems like it could have some potential. is the game play like Final fantasy tactics? you know like grid moving or is it it like FF8 where u just stand there and attacks?
Marcel
Marcel
Loldrg
Loldrg

Back to top Go down

Post  Comentor Thu May 29, 2008 8:34 pm

its actually more like a mix of a RTS and FFTactics. Your characters all recieve a command at the start of a battle, and then based on their MOV, they move across the battlefield at different speeds. Also, it isn't set up as a grid, and actually the more I think about it, the more I think it really is a hybrid of an RTS and Tactics.

but ya, its definately more like Final Fantasy Tactics than a traditional RPG, because you do move around the battlefield to attack your enemies. (well, unless you're a magic user, then you have seemingly infinite range on your spells) Also, your main character is very customizable for battle strategy. He learns attacking magic, bufing magic, some healing magic, physical/magical techniques, and physical/magic skills. So you could set him up as a physical attacker with buffing magic like I did, or you can ... well, basically make him do whatever you want. A few other characters have similar options in how you develop them, however, some also really only have one option.
Comentor
Comentor
Cosplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum